Friday, August 24, 2012

EDM310 blog assignment #1


All About Me
My name is Georgia Baker and I was born in Mobile, Alabama. When I was six years old my family and I moved to Denver, Colorado. We resided in Denver until I was eighteen years old. Once, I turned eighteen I moved to Quincy, Illinois for approximately one year. After a year in Quincy I moved back to Mobile to join my family and I have been here ever since. My family and I love to travel, therefore we moved around a lot when I was younger.

As a young girl my dream was to become a psychologist but, once I moved back to Mobile my plans changed. I began to fall in love with teaching. I started my education to become a teacher at Bishop State Community College. I stayed at Bishop State until one of my teachers stated that I should try out University of Mobile, so I did. I graduated from the University of Mobile with my Associates degree and then transferred to South. I am now at South for my first semester and I really miss University of Mobile, but I know things will get better.

I have been teaching for the Office of School Readiness Pre-k program in private facility for the past five years and I enjoy every minute of it. I hope to graduate in the next year with my B.S. in Elementary education, so that I am able to spend more time doing the other things that I truly love. Once I graduate I want to take my teaching skills pass a private facility and into a public school setting.

Randy Pausch Video
Randy Pausch has some very great points about goals. By watching the video I noticed that I don't have to complete every goals if it's not something that will make life easy. I could also ask my self why am I doing this and will it be successful for me. I have always looked at goals as a must do and not a can do. Randy Pausch has opened my eyes to a new way of thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Having just met you literally 3 minutes ago,I have learned a great deal about you in the about me section. I did notice that you put in all the proper breaks but forgot to put bold headers for each section. You have made it clear that Randy Pausch has opened your eyes to a new way of thinking. It is a well written post with proper grammar and spelling.

    ReplyDelete