Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blog Post #5

The ISchoolInitative

In The ISchoolInitative, Travis is arguing the importance of using technology in the classroom. He believes that it would not only be beneficial to the students, but also to the teachers and parents. The ISchool will help with teacher shortages and the overcrowded classroom because it will save $600.00 per student. This will allow the school system to have more money to accommodate more teachers. The savage per student is due to the IPhone touch, which many students already own. On the IPhone, there are several apps that are beneficial to students. The cost of this project is only around $150.00 per student.
The ISchool captivated my mind. I agree with Travis that it will be very beneficial to the schools. The school my sons are currently attending is already practicing with technology. They do not have computers for each student in the classroom, but they do send everything home by email. They use edmodo to turn in their homework assignment. The things that really blew my mind was all the features that are already on the IPhone. I use my phone every day and I didn’t know it is capable of all those features.
ISchoollogo

Eric Whitacre

Watching Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir was amazing to see how everyone was able to come together through the internet and create a brilliant piece of music. Everything flowed so well together and nobody seemed to be a little late with the notes. I loved it and it was truly a blessing to see.

Teaching in the 21st Century
In the video, Teaching in the 21st Century, Kevin Roberts believes that teaching is turning from the old method of pencil, paper, and text book to computers. I believe that Mr. Roberts is saying that students no longer need teacher’s to hold their hands through lessons anymore because they can now search it out for themselves. We as the educators now need to take our places and begin to help them learn how to use the internet wisely. This means that our projects and homework assignments should now consist of using the internet to gain the answers. I believe our future will consist of becoming technology teachers, so therefore we need to become more knowledgeable.

Why I Flipped My Classroom
Why I Flipped My Classroom and Flipping the Classroom - 4th Grade STEM are great to help teachers reach every student’s individual needs, which can be very challenging sometimes. I love the idea of flipping your classroom. Flipping your classroom reminds me a lot of edmodo.com because the students who are way above some of the other students can do projects that consist of what they are learning. The other students are able to recap with their parents for further assistant. My son’s third grade teacher says that "flipping her classroom with the edmodo website has been very affective" (Mrs. Woodward. Flipping my classroom would be something that I will try because it’s beneficial to both the students and the teachers.
Flipped classroomsign

2 comments:

  1. "The savage per student..." savings, not savage

    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia,

    You made bold headings in your post, which made it easy to follow. I too enjoyed Eric Whitacre's virtual choir. It was amazing to watch! I did not find any punctuation or spelling errors.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete