Thursday, October 18, 2012

C4T#2 Summary

All They Want
Becky Goerend
In Mrs. G's post she discusses how writing is not her strong suite and how she plans on improving it this year. During the summer Mrs. G attended the Solution Tree PLC conference in St. Louis, which is something she always does. This conference was a little different because it helped her to find a new way to solve the problems she, as well as her students had with writing. She came up with using "Mentor Texts" that she hoped to really improve on this year. She ended the post with the questions "What are some mistakes you've made in your classroom? How can you take a risk and be transparent about those mistakes to help others learn?"
My Summary
As a pre-k teacher, I have not made very many mistakes in writing because I am able to prepare/pre-write. How can I take a risk in writing when the students are pointing out when I make a mistake and show them how to correct the mistakes. Reading your blog showed me that I need to involve my students a little more with my writing because a pre-k teacher is the first step to their educational life.

No comments:

Post a Comment